One of the most challenging pages on a website is the home page. From a marketing and SEO perspective, it’s definitely the most important.
I get this question a lot: What should I put on my home page? For my answer to this question, I decided to mix it up a bit and offer insights in a series of tips that will find their way to your inbox over the next few weeks. In upcoming posts, I will be going into detail about some strategies to consider, to make sure you are using your home page effectively. Here’s a quick peek at what’s to come — to get you thinking and to give you a chance to review your own home page. Here’s what I recommend should be on your home page:
- Describe the challenges of your ideal prospect and use “you” focused web copy – Great home pages: talk TO your prospects
- Explain what your ideal prospect needs most right now, and
- Explain how your services are perfectly suited to their needs – Connecting with your ideal customers on your home page
- Provide a clear way for them to work with you – A clear path to working with more customers
- Include a signup form to capture the emails of your website visitors – Stay in touch to make the sale
If you have a website and are unsure if your home page is working hard enough, give us a call at the Mighty Little Web Shop!